Tourism is booming in Boca Raton, Florida. More than four million people visit the city every year to take advantage of its world-class restaurants, hotels, museums, and beaches. While you may accomplish a lot in a day here, 24 hours should be plenty of time for some significant events while also allowing for some rest and leisure.
1. Get up early, grab some grub at Jerry's Subs & Pizza and then head to the Boca Raton Historical Society Museum. The museum occupies an 18th-century Spanish-style former residence of New York industrialist Robert Wainwright in the city's Old Floresta historic district. Inside you'll see plenty of 18th and 19th-century furniture and decor and enjoy home movies from Hollywood stars of the early 20th century.
2. Take a stroll around the historic district – you'll be surprised at how different it is compared to other parts of Boca. You can wander through old Spanish moss-draped oak trees, vintage cottages, and unique antique stores.
3. Fuel up on some caffeine at the ever-popular Starbucks Reserve before exploring Boca Raton's outdoor gems. Rent bikes from West Palm Beach Bike Share, head to Spanish River Park, or go kayaking across the Intracoastal Waterway – you'll be glad you're doing this in an air-conditioned city.
4. In the afternoon, walk over to Boca's downtown entertainment district – Mizner Park – and have a drink at Racks, a bar with live music and plenty of people watching. Next, grab a bite to eat at Seasons 52 before heading back outside to catch a movie at CineBoca.
5. Get an early night's sleep to prepare for the day ahead. Start bright and early at Green Market, grab some grub at Baz Bagel in Mizner Park, and head over to the Boca Raton Museum of Art. Afterward, go shopping in downtown Boca or enjoy a cocktail in Delray Beach (about 10 minutes away).
Boca Raton is a beautiful place to visit, whether you're spending time with family or friends, going on business alone, or need some time away from home. There's always something exciting going on in Boca Raton. It doesn't matter if your preferences are refined or basic; you'll discover something for everyone when looking around.